ENJOYABLE CYCLING - WITH GREAT VIEWS
On this long, circular trail you can experience scenic and cultural attractions in the cities of Remscheid, Solingen and Wuppertal, all from the comfort of your saddle.
No gradient: Because the Bergische Radring links the old Nordbahn, Korkenzieher and Balkan railway sections to form a route of around 66 kilometres with minimal gradient.
But plenty of highlights: Some of the most famous sights in the region are waiting for you to the right and left of the route:
- the idyllic town centre of Solingen Gräfrath, home to the German Blade Museum,
- the Müngsten Bridge park with Germany’s highest railway bridge and the suspension ferry across the river Wupper
- Schloss Burg, which you can also get to (with your bike) by cable car
- the historic town centre of Remscheid-Lennep, home to the German Röntgen Museum
- Wuppertal with its famous suspension railway and many other attractions
Tip: This route is perfect for a day trip on an e-bike. However, the connection to the German rail network (including bike transport) means you can also cycle parts of the route – perfect for families and those cycling for fun, even without an e-bike.